Thursday, November 14, 2019

ride it, my pony

I survived yet another event - if I had to do another one of these this year, I think I would die. But this one was particularly great - even though they've all been great. I spent today alternating between event stuff and tending to all of my growing dumpster fires on other projects. And then the evening closing event was on CU campus - we rented out the clubhouse at the football stadium, which had an amazing view of the mountains and some v. delicious food. Kristen brought in the CU marching band and mascot, which was super ridiculous and fun, and our awards ceremony went off without a hitch (and I didn't have to say "next slide" like a total bitch, as I did in Berlin).

So, that was super fun, super exhausting, and everything in between. We were done at 7:45, so a big group of us ended up at License No 1 in the basement of the Boulderado - it was pretty perfect, since we got there so early on a Wednesday that we could pretty much have a room to ourselves. So I drank a couple of Moscow mules (the official drink of these events for me), had a series of totally ridiculous conversations, played some skee ball, mourned some team changes, and generally had a great time.

But now, I need to go to bed and hope for at least seven hours of sleep, which won't be enough to make me feel perfect, but is better than nothing. Goodnight!

No comments: