Sunday, November 17, 2019

unaware i'm tearing you asunder

I got nine hours of sleep last night, and I probably could have used nineteen. When I woke up, I got ready, packed, and went to the lobby to grab coffee. Then I sat on the patio for a bit, and then we had brunch at the hotel - it was fairly subpar, and it was both enhanced and made so much worse by our waiter (who introduced himself as Jimmy approximately ten times, but I would guess that was not his real name), who promised us the best orange juice we've ever tasted (reader: it was not).

But it was better than me trying to go to Universal Citywalk for brunch, which is what my friends had planned to do since they were going there this afternoon. After brunch, I parted ways with them (sadly), took a 25min nap in my friends' hotel room since I'd checked out of mine, and then went to the airport. I was way too early and tried to get a manicure at the xpress spa (which I've never used before), but they didn't have a technician. So I just sat sullenly and stared at my phone and tried not to fall asleep and miss my flight.

My flight, though, was totally uneventful, and I alternated between napping and working. Then I grabbed some food when I landed in Denver before driving home (and talking to my parents). And now it's become clear that I'm going to be totally unproductive tonight, so I'm going to go to bed and hope to repeat my nine hours of sleep before going back to work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: