Sunday, November 24, 2019

you can go your own way

[note: this should have posted last night, but I fell asleep before sending it!]

I'm back in Iowa for the week, less than two weeks after my last trip here. Today was uneventful, all in all - I woke up early enough to be somewhat leisurely with my packing, and so was able to leave my house pretty tidy rather than having stuff strewn everywhere. I took an Uber to the airport and had time for lunch at my beloved Cantina Grill. Then I boarded, and my flight was on time, and I slept almost the entire way.

When I got to Des Moines, [censored] picked me up. We ran an errand at Costco to buy the same shelves that I put in my basement - [censored] walked out with four sets, while I got some wine to replenish my stocks here. Then we went furniture browsing ([censored] moved a couple of months ago), and then we had a tasty supper at a Mexican place that [censored] had gone to with Aunt B and Uncle B.

After that, we drove home through the wilds, and we saw deer but not close enough to hit them. And now, after talking to my parents, unpacking, and generally relaxing, it's time to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: