Monday, January 20, 2020

all i do is win

I had a v. hermity day today - with the exception of walking down the block to pick up a pizza for dinner, I didn't leave the house and most of my interactions were in my own head. But it was a perfectly quiet kind of Sunday. I woke up, drank coffee, and journaled, which always makes for a better morning. I also showered and ate leftover chili for lunch, with the intention of going to the mall to return a couple of things - but I realized that if I went to the mall to return a couple of things, I was almost certainly going to buy more things, so I skipped it and decided to ship my return instead.

Still, I should have left the house to buy groceries, but I did not. And even though I don't really care about football, I watched the last half of the Chiefs game and most of the Niners - while my loyalty is ultimately to the Chiefs due to my childhood, it's hard not to be happy for the team that was my hometown team for so many decades. At some point in there I talked to my parents, and I also texted with [censored] and Drewbaby, all of whom were most likely v. happy about the Chiefs. And while I was watching football, I put together some sliding drawers for my hall closet and filled them with tools, survival supplies, etc. This was the extent of my house work today, and I should have done way more, but it'll have to do.

I also wrote for a couple of hours (a bit in the morning, mostly in the evening). I have no idea where it's going, or what I'm doing, or why, but it's going somewhere, and I guess I'll see where it's headed. And then I took a break from phones and tvs and laptops and picked up my ipad instead (which maybe doesn't look like a break) and read half a book. And now, I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: