Thursday, January 16, 2020

mama if that's moving up then i'm moving out

Yep, the other shoe dropped and I was the one who dropped it. I slogged all day (my only break was lunch at 11:30), got home around six, made some sad gluten free boxed mac and cheese, and then worked for the last four hours. The thing I worked on was a) something no one asked for, b) is likely unwelcome, and c) will probably go nowhere, but in my usual style I can't let sleeping dogs lie. The problem I'm trying to solve has existed for a year and a half and will probably outlive me, and I should just let it go. But letting go isn't in my nature, so I will either solve this problem or continue to gnaw on it until the end of time.

sssanyway. Other than that, work was good. And since I take a perverse pleasure in trying to solve unsolvable, unpopular problems, making slides tonight was good too. But now I really need to consciously uncouple from my laptop and go to bed - goodnight!


No comments: