Monday, January 13, 2020

these seconds when I'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

I should have gone to bed two hours ago, but that's the story of just about every Sunday.

Today was pretty solid, though. I woke up of my own accord around 7:30, made some coffee, and wrote for a couple of hours, which netted about seven pages. I also spent some time browsing Neiman Marcus in the name of "research", and it totally counts. The writing felt really good this week, so hopefully it continues to feel good long enough to actually get into the book. I won't write tomorrow morning because it's almost 12:30 and I have to be at the office by 8:45, but the rest of the week looks promising.

I spent the rest of the day procrastinating, doing laundry, talking to my parents, talking to Katrina (who I missed on my last trip to California, so we were way overdue), and then running a couple of errands and picking up takeout Indian food on the way back. And then, sadly, I worked from nine to midnight...I thought the thing I had to do would only take an hour, but I'm a perfectionist and so it took three instead. Oops.

But I'll be glad tomorrow that I did it, and I'll be even more glad if I go to bed right now instead of pushing off bedtime any longer. Goodnight!

No comments: