Monday, January 20, 2020

hold the wheel and drive

I had quite the productive day despite having it off. I woke up after slightly too little sleep, and I journaled and then wrote for an hour or so. I also did a tiny bit of day job work, but I kept it limited to a few minutes. Then I showered and actually vacated my house - I know, you're shocked too.

My destination was an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater, where I saw KNIVES OUT. I haven't been to a movie in forever forever, and I used to really like going to movies, so I bought the ticket yesterday on a bit of a whim to force myself to go. I'm glad I did - the movie was really fun and ridiculous and reminded me why I used to go to the movies. Also, if you haven't been to an Alamo Drafthouse, that's another bit of wonder - they have food service brought to your seat. I just got popcorn and a diet coke, which was stupidly expensive but cheap compared to California, and they brought the popcorn in a metal bowl, which eliminated crinkling paper bags.

So, I had a nice afternoon doing that, and I should just make it a plan to do this more often since the theater is on the way home from work. Then I ran some errands, came home, made carnitas in my instant pot that turned out fantastically (with enough leftover for a couple of meals this week + two more that I froze). And then I spent the evening talking to Terry and installing my new security system - I didn't get the cameras fully set up, but my interior seems to be working.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: