Wednesday, January 01, 2020

come along, catch a heffalump

Happy new year! It would be awesome if my first post of 2020 had some grand revelation, or amazing occurrence to discuss - but if that's what you're here for, you shall be sorely disappointed.

Still, despite the lack of grand revelations and amazing occurrences, I still had a good day. I spent some time journaling this morning, which is always a good way to start the day. And I mostly alternated between being lazy and getting stuff done - on the getting stuff done side, I shoveled a path to my garage, did a couple of loads of laundry, made a grocery list (but failed to go grocery shopping, because lazy), and finally finished organizing my office. This involved putting together a set of shelved to go in the closet, then arranging a bunch of stuff, putting photos on my writing mood boards, etc. I still want to get something to hang on one of the walls, and there's a box of papers that needs to be sorted and filed, but for the most part it's all pretty well organized. So, that's a great clearing exercise to start the year.

I also reread some older manuscript pages, even though I didn't actually write - but it's a start. We'll see what 2020 holds, but I intend to make it hold a lot more writing and a lot less stressing about the day job - let's see how successful I am with that.

And now, I should go to bed - I have to go to the office tomorrow, and while I'm not ready to go back to work, tomorrow and Friday should be pretty quiet and I'd rather save those vacation days for another purpose. Goodnight!

No comments: