Tuesday, January 07, 2020

you're my head start, you're my rugged heart

I woke up feeling vestiges of the anger that I sometimes woke up with last year, mostly related to a task that I'd put off last night and still didn't want to do. But I overcame my rage and drank coffee and wrote three pages, and was still in the office by nine. So that was a pretty great start, all in all.

I slogged all day, but I cancelled some meetings to get some actual work done, which made for a better day than usual. And then I had happy hour with my team - someone new is visiting from California, so some of us went out. This mostly ended up being Kristen and Kim and the new guy (Anthony, who I've been working with for awhile already), and we went to Sanitas, where we discovered that three of the four of us are doing dry January, and we also discovered that Sanitas no longer sells kombucha as a non alcoholic option. So I had a sad can of sparkling water, but it was made up for by the truly delicious nachos from the taco stand outside.

So we had a pretty delightful time, and it was a nice break / welcome back from the holiday. Then I dropped Anthony at his hotel, picked up some cream from the store, came home, ate leftover frittata, and worked for a couple of hours.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: