Friday, January 03, 2020

i'm feeling like everyone's feeling alone

I worked from home today, which was such a joke that I feel like I should put work in quotation marks...but hey, it counts. I had a couple of meetings to bookend the day, and I accomplished some stuff in between - not as much as I should have given how busy next week will be, but it was better than nothing. And I did some quality journaling this morning, so at least I have that going for me.

But I sloughed off at 3:30ish so that I could make an early dinner for Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian, who drove up from Castle Rock to see me and my new house. I think they maybe actually really drove up to deposit the ten boxes of Gram's china and glassware that they brought me, but I'll pretend it was to see me. So we unloaded that, and then I gave them the usual tour, and then we ate some cheese while I finished making dinner. I made a baked lemon chicken (which I'd made for Katie and [censored] a few months ago and wanted to make again), some baked potatoes, and a tasty salad with dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds, apples, and cheese. All in all I was pretty happy with how the food turned out, and I'm also pretty happy to have a kitchen and a dining room for the first time in years.

We talked for quite awhile, which was nice, and then they took off so they could get home before it got too late. I then wasted the rest of the night (although I did clean my kitchen), but now I'm in bed and I'm going to read a bit before going to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: