Thursday, January 09, 2020

do I wanna know if this feeling goes both ways

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, which slid me a little closer toward my manic state...which I define as happy to be alive and therefore desiring to talk to everyone and not work at all. But I got up in time to write before work, so that was a win.

I then was at the office all day, although I wouldn't say I slogged - instead, I told some people about the ongoing romance drama (the president and executive director resigned today!), and I also started cleaning my desk. I haven't sat at my desk for more than a few minutes in at least three months - but now that I see some light in my schedule, it would be nice to have a reasonably clean desk (it was piled with the remains of multiple events, and covered in a fine layer of white dust from the ongoing construction nearby).

I ended up staying and working until 5:30ish, then came home, cleaned my kitchen, ate supper and journaled. I was considering doing some work tonight, but instead I talked to Drewbaby on the phone for awhile, which was a great wind-down to my day.

And now, I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: