Monday, January 06, 2020

some people never learn

It was the first work day of the new year that felt like a real work day, which was unfortunate. I also stayed up too late last night, but I managed to drag myself out of bed and write this morning. I netted about three pages, and also journaled briefly, which all felt amazing.

Sadly, it was a slow downhill slog from there. But I left at 5:15 and went to Shine with Vicky - we're both doing dry Januaries (although I intend for mine to end when I go on my writing retreat, and I did have wine when Becky and Brian were here), so instead of having wine we drank 'potions' (which are basically juice). We also had brussels sprouts and sweet potato fries and enough conversation to fill almost 2.5 hours, so that was a lovely way to spend my evening.

But by the time I got home it was 8:30, and I didn't want to do any of the day job stuff that is already piling up, so I ate leftover chile verde and did some stuff around the house. And now I really must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: