Saturday, January 11, 2020

i'd love it if we made it

I had a super lowkey day - I probably should have done more, but I probably don't care. I woke up in time to journal just a little bit this morning, and then I sped through the shower so that I could meet Katie for breakfast. We went to Bacon Social House, which I really enjoy - it's always a scene and always pretty loud, but their bacon hash is delicious. Katie and I spent quite a bit of time catching up there, and when it was time to vacate our table to let someone else come in from the 45min wait (we, smugly, had a reservation and so sailed right in), we wandered up and down that block and window-shopped. I ended up buying a plant (a variegated pothos), which was probably completely unnecessary, but made me pretty happy.

Sadly, we eventually had to part ways (after sitting in my car for ten minutes to partake of the most possible time in each other's company), so Katie and I went to our separate homes. I then spent the afternoon / evening alternating between trying to do stuff (calling my parents, measuring and planning the gallery wall of photos for my dining room, trying to choose photos for that wall, etc), and trying to do nothing at all (napping, reading twitter). I also wrote for about 45mins tonight - nothing spectacular, but it'll do.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: