Saturday, January 04, 2020

the devil you know

I had a hermity day, but since Barbara came to visit me and stayed for several hours, I was a hermit with company. I was pretty lazy this morning, but I got up in time to shower and start prepping brunch before Barbara arrived. Not that brunch was particularly hard - I made a frittata and had some berries to go with it, which was the sum total of my prep work.

It was really great to see Barbara - even though we live in the same state, we haven't seen each other in months because we were both traveling almost every weekend this fall. I gave her the tour of my house, and we chatted while eating brunch and then relaxing on my couch. It always does my soul good to hang out with other writers, and Barbara is particularly good for my mood. I get to spend a whole week with her (and many other friends!) on retreat at the end of the month, so hopefully I made it through three weeks of work and set things up so I can disconnect while I'm supposed to be writing.

After Barbara left, I was pretty lazy again - although I did rouse myself to put together an instant pot batch of pork chile verde. It turned out really well, although it took longer to cook than the chicken chile verde I'd made before - and I stupidly cut the pork into bite sized chunks before cooking, forgetting that I needed to remove those chunks after cooking so that I could puree the tomatillos/onions/chiles. So digging out all the pork was a little annoying, but it all tasted great, so #worthit.

Then I wasted a bunch of time on Twitter, but I eventually pulled myself out of the morass, reinked one of my fountain pens, and wrote for an hour. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: