Tuesday, January 14, 2020

people try and hide their lies underneath the covers

Today was pretty much a straight slog - I woke up not feeling particularly well (headachey, not anything serious), so I ended up journaling over my coffee, then showering, then doing a few hours of work from home. Unfortunately, I had to go into the office - I had a presentation to the big boss this afternoon, and while I could have taken it from home, it didn't feel like the right vibe.

However, I was rewarded for my diligence with some truly excellent carnitas for lunch, which is better than the peanut butter toast I would have had at home. I had meetings all afternoon, then did the presentation (which went well), and then a couple more meetings, and then I left a little before six. I stopped at Whole Foods to stock up on coffee and half and half, which is basically what I live on. Then I came home, ate, tidied up the house, and worked for the last 2.5 hours to put a dent in what has become a truly embarrassing email backlog. Luckily the dent I put into it was pretty impressive, so it was worth the pain of staying up. I also did it while drinking hot chocolate, which was almost as good as drinking wine (and probably more productive).

And now, I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: