Wednesday, January 15, 2020

life got led by people who just wanna flood your head

I had another day of slogging, but I'm weirdly starting to feel caught up. I haven't felt that way in at least a year...and so that probably means another shoe is about to drop. Or I may drop that shoe myself, since I tend to spin up major projects when I get even the slightest bit of extra time in my day.

But today was okay, all in all - I didn't write this morning because I had to be in the office earlier than I wanted to be, but I'm planning to get back on it tomorrow morning. I had meetings straight from when I arrived until 4:30, with a 30min break with lunch that I mostly wasted on fruitless arguing about policy with someone who doesn't care about my feelings on the situation (that sounds dramatic, but it was related to me trying to get a replacement for a work phone that broke due to a defect rather than my own negligence, and feeling v. entitled to something better than they were offering me). Luckily, fruitless arguing usually gives me energy, so I sailed through the rest of the day on the current of my self-righteousness.

As soon as my last meeting was over, I immediately fled - I wanted to come home and not talk to people for awhile, which I succeeded in. I did some stuff around the house, procrastinated, ate leftover Indian food, etc. but eventually I pulled out my work laptop and did a couple of hours of email. And now, still feeling weird that I'm almost caught up and wondering if I'm missing something, I'm going to go to bed.

And finally, on a better note, happy birthday to the one and only Drewbaby [my cousin, but you have probably pieced that together by now]. Goodnight!

No comments: