Thursday, January 23, 2020

because the love, the love, the love, the love, the love that i gave was wasted on a nice face

I had a fairly horrible day at work, thanks for asking. Part of this was my fault - while it always feels good in the moment to stay up late and get things done (because I'm a night owl), my night owl self is never happy to wake up after too-little sleep and too much thinking about work in my dreams. So I woke up a little surly, ran late as a result, and never quite recovered my equilibrium. I made my best efforts (got a bit of work done, had lunch with others rather than eating at my desk, drank a Mountain Dew), but by five p.m. I was beyond done.

So I went to the mall and engaged in some retail therapy, which was probably a poor investment because it would be cheaper and probably better in the long run to pay for real therapy rather than assuming a hot pink sweater and some new moisturizer will cure everything that ails me (but I swear it will!). I grabbed dinner at Motomaki, then drove home and spent the evening ignoring work. I should have done a million things because I'm going to be off next week, but I wasn't feeling it - so I did laundry, put away dishes, took out trash, made a packing list, used my new moisturizer, journaled for awhile, and generally tried to unwind so that I can approach tomorrow with a slightly better outlook.

And now after that very woe-is-me post (which deserves a whole symphony of tiny violins, since I am paid very well for my rage and so can deal with it), it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: