Sunday, September 26, 2021

ain't shady baby, i'm hot

I feel like I perhaps slightly overdid it today - I'm definitely super tired, and I should have gone to bed an hour ago but I needed to unwind a bit more. But I got a lot of tings done today that I needed to get done, and also took some time to enjoy what felt like the last weekend of the summer - it was in the upper eighties today, but I'll be gone most of the next few weekends and it will probably snow by the time I have another Sunday here.

sssanyway, I took care of tings around the house in the morning. Then I ran a quick errand to the mall, picked up some stuff at Crate and Barrel to take back to Iowa with me, and then got a mani/pedi. It was earlier to get them than I normally would before a wedding (which I'm going to next weekend), but I have a million things do to this week and couldn't figure out how to fit it into the weekdays. Then I came home and talked to my parents for quite awhile.

After that, I decided to indulge my desire for a last summer weekend - and so I walked down to El Camino, where I sat at the bar and had a margarita and their extremely excellent nachos. I also wrote in my journal while enjoying my time at the bar - I deeply miss doing that kind of thing, both because of covid and because I feel like I really didn't find 'my places' in Denver before the pandemic began anyway. So tonight was restorative, even if I felt overly full and realized that I still can't eat a lot with the remaining bits of pressure in my abdomen (although overall I'm feeling much better!).

Then I came home, intended to do a variety of tasks, and instead talked to [censored] for three hours. [Censored] spent quite a bit of time in my new house in Iowa this weekend (more than I've spent in the house, at this point!) and gave me a rundown of a bunch of things that I might choose to fix / change / update / ignore. This Iowa house is going to be great and I'm excited to have a project - but given property values there, I'm going to have to be careful not going too all-in on decor and aesthetic when I probably won't get my money back out of upgrades in the future.

But that's a problem for Future Sara (and I can imagine that she will end up deciding to buy some stupid shit as she grapples with the problem I've left for her). Right now I really need to sleep so that I can get tings done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: