Sunday, September 19, 2021

the shadow of my life was hanging over me

Today was a v. boring day - I have reached the cranky and bored stage of my recovery, and also felt like things hurt slightly more than they did yesterday, which was v. unwelcome. I did get quite a bit of sleep last night, and I mostly took it easy today, but I still wished it was all better than it was. I attempted to distract myself with journaling, reading, etc., and I also talked to Terry, Chandlord, and my parents, all of which went a long way toward bringing me out of my doldrums. And Katie, who continues to be a top-notch friend, came over this evening with a couple of grocery-related tings and a takeout pizza, so we chilled for an hour and that was a delight.

Otherwise, I have nothing to report - I decided to take tomorrow off as well rather than try to push myself through a recovery that isn't quite there yet, so I'm going to aim for maximum sleep tonight and tomorrow. And with that in mind, I think I'm going to crawl into bed with a book and see what happens - goodnight!

No comments: