Monday, September 13, 2021

treat this night like it will happen again

Apparently if I don't blog for two nights in a row, people assume I have either killed zee blog or am dead. Neither is true! However, tings have been super busy:

- I had intended to celebrate my 40th birthday in San Francisco on Saturday, but those plans were canceled awhile ago (tanks Delta!). So I celebrated my birthday with cupcakes and leftover Mexican food in ye olde Iowa on Saturday (and also celebrated that my dad is out of the hospital), and then [censored] took me to the airport so I could fly back to Denver. [censored] was pulling a military cargo trailer full of wasps (don't ask), so he didn't linger at the airport while saying goodbyes. This left me time to drink rosé and watch part of the Iowa / Iowa State game (which the wrong team won) before boarding my flight. The flight was half-full (probably thanks to 9/11) and the flight attendant wished me happy birthday, so it was almost pleasant.

- Sunday I did a million tings around the house + got a gel manicure. This was enough to almost make me feel normal.

- Today I had to slog hard and fast most of the day because I'm v. behind at work and am about to be more behind. I also did multiple tings related to a secret project that I've been working on - the secret project is that I'm buying a house in Iowa! That is a long, ridiculous story on its own, and perhaps I will share it with you someday. But we're closing Wednesday, and so I spent some time today trying to switch the utilities over. In a small town, this means I'm waiting on a girl I went to high school with to call me back about the water, and the gas company is only open twelve hours a week (but they're mailing me a packet to start service). But the electricity and internet should be taken care of, so as long as I don't need water or heat I should be in business.

- Tonight I also had to slog, but that included making a v. deluxe potato soup that I intend to enjoy over the next couple of days. I also talked to my parents and to [censored], and I did another hour or so of day job stuff.

And now that you're all caught up, I believe it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: