Thursday, September 30, 2021

am i mistaken for the way i carry on

I'm absurdly tired for 10:15pm on a Thursday, but that's probably the lingering traces of my recovery. I mostly feel fine, although I occasionally notice my abdomen if I move the wrong way. But working late the last two nights clearly affected my sleep, so tonight I ignored my laptop. I also kicked off the evening in the right way by having a glass of wine while chatting (virtually) with my friend Caroline. We were supposed to have an actual work meeting this afternoon that I had to move because something came up, but turning it into a social meeting at the end of the day was very much preferred.

The rest of the evening was spent preparing to go back to ye olde Iowa - I have to be there Saturday afternoon for a wedding, which means I need to leave tomorrow and stay somewhere along the way. And since I'm doing that, and then staying for a couple of weeks after, I'm taking a wide variety of extra home goods back with me to kickstart the process of turning my new Iowa house into something that is capable of sustaining me. Of course, my parents' house is also turning into a staging ground for all the tings I've ordered in the past week or two, so hopefully that's all going smoothly and I can rescue their front hall from all the packages this weekend. But I'm hoping that all the things I've organized here will fit into my car - and that I can load fairly quickly tomorrow after work so that I can make it to at least North Platte before stopping for the night.

But we'll see how all that goes - for now, I need to take care of a couple more tings and then hopefully go to bed at a more reasonable hour. Goodnight!

No comments: