Wednesday, September 22, 2021

and they're zipping white light beams, disregarding bombs and satellites

I had a pretty lowkey day - I think I'm getting better, but my brain and body are clearly not at 100% because I was unusually inarticulate while giving a presentation today and I felt sleepy through most of my afternoon meetings despite getting plenty of sleep last night. Luckily the pain is getting somewhat better (as long as I'm in a lounging or standing position; sitting in a regular chair is the worst), so I'm sure I'll continue to improve. But I did discover last night that in the UK, it's recommended to take 2-4 weeks off after the procedure I had, while in the US my surgeon told me I could probably go back to work in a few days (leaving it vague how I would actually feel about that). So I took great pains to tell as many coworkers as possible about that little fact so that everyone will continue cutting me some slack on my absurdly long list of unanswered emails and my general inability to focus.

sssanyway. My meetings were generally fine and I skipped everything I could skip, and I stopped working around 4:30. Then I messed around my house, talked to [censored] about locks, ordered some takeout Thai food, and took a walk - it was the first outing beyond my property that I'd been on in a week, so it was pretty exciting. I also talked to my dad, who called to make sure I was recovering (since he knows how recovery goes). And I spent some quality time looking at tings online for my Iowa house - I'm trying to time the ordering of things so that I'm there when it gets delivered while also not getting screwed by the supply chain, and that's a really delicate balance.

And now, I think I'm going to wrap up my screen time early so that I can decompress and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: