Monday, September 27, 2021

baby i welcome the pressure

I had a decent day in the pixel mines. I probably should have done more work than I actually did, but the work I did do was good enough to make me feel like something happened, so I'll take it. Also, I'm still feeling slightly uncomfortable and get tired easily, so I feel like I should acknowledge that and not push it too hard this week (before definitely pushing it too hard this upcoming weekend).

Part of why I felt like maybe I should have worked longer was that I snuck out early (does it count as sneaking if you're just leaving your own house?) to meet Tomas for a drink in Louisville. Longtime blog readers may remember Tomas from my previous stint at my company, since he was on the rather epic weekend trip + offsite at a castle in Germany (which was seven years ago! how is that possible?!). We now both work in Boulder and would get together occasionally pre-pandemic, but since we live in opposite directions of the office (and never go to the office), we haven't seen each other in many months. And the late afternoon was perfect for having a drink on a patio and catching up on life - we really didn't talk about work at all, but instead talked about everything related to families and health and pandemics and a variety of related topics.

Then I came home, accidentally fell asleep, ate some takeout, and was generally pretty slothful (in deference to my healing). And now I should go to sleep, since I stupidly signed up for an early meeting tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: