Friday, September 17, 2021

lover come hold me, head's on the fritz

I had a v. lazy day, with the intent of supporting my recovery as much as possible. However, the pain in my abdomen was slightly worse today than it was yesterday - the incisions are tiny and don't look particularly angry, but perhaps those holes were just big enough to slip an immersion blender inside and go to town with it. Who knows - I certainly don't, since I was asleep when the robot attacked. But as along as I take ibuprofen or tylenol as scheduled, and occasionally slip in something stronger, it's all totally manageable.

So today was fairly boring, but I got plenty of sleep last night and took a couple of naps today, so that seems good. I also grazed on soups and various snacks throughout the day, texted with some people (hi master of disaster!), and talked to my parents, [censored], and Veronica. And I've finished the evening by reading quite a bit of a book called FOUR THOUSAND WEEKS, which is a self-help type book that is anti-productivity (at least in the classic sense of how productivity books are usually written) - so far it's really good and is hitting a lot of nerves that I've been working through recently, but I'll have more to say about it when I finish it.

And now, even though my mind wants to stay up and finish the book, my abdomen is telling me it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: