Wednesday, September 08, 2021

what's going on

I'm v. tired and I have a headache, and I am somehow losing my voice, so I think I should go to bed. Today was fine, but it was much too busy for my current mental state - I had to do a hard and fast slog from ~8:30 to 1 to catch up on some stuff that absolutely had to get done today (with a small break to eat some of the delish chicken/mushroom/parmesan that I made the other night), and then I had meetings straight from 1-4 + another one from 5:30 to 6:30. So much for taking the day off. But the stuff that had to get done is now done, at least for a few days, so I guess I'll take it even if it fried my brain.

After I was done working, I drove into town and picked up pizza from Casey's (the beloved convenience store pizza of all true Iowans). My mom was slightly later getting back from the hospital than I had expected, but the pizza was still decently warm when she got there. So we ate pizza and talked, and then I eventually retreated to my room to finish a bit of work.

And now I should sleep - I have nothing further to share (other than that my dad is still in the hospital), so sleep is more important than trying to write something longer. Goodnight!

No comments: