Thursday, September 16, 2021

apathy's a tragedy and boredom is a crime

Today was a relatively boring day, all in all - luckily Katie came over to keep me entertained and fed, so that was a good way to take my mind off everything. I was also able to shower this morning, which was a treat. I took the bandaids off the incisions; they're still covered in surgical tape, but now I can see the bruising and dried blood around the incisions, which is partly interesting and partly not something I like seeing.

sssanyway. I feel better than I expected to, although I felt slightly worse today than I did yesterday - I think the hospital drugs all wore off last night, and I was somewhat nauseated today, so it made for some weird meal choices. But I'm able to move around just fine, so I'm hopeful that I can get through this phase as soon as possible.

Beyond that, I have nothing to report - Katie and I had a delightful time today (and she did actually get several hours of work done), and she took out my trash for me before she left, so she's an excellent friend. We also had a really fun time spying on my neighbors - it appears that the people I share a duplex wall with are abruptly moving out and selling, so if you want to be my neighbor in Denver, please buy it!

After Katie left, I spent the evening napping (both planned and unplanned), grazing the foodstuffs in my kitchen, and watching Bo Burnham's 'Inside' (a comedy special on netflix). It was a little too surreal in parts even for me, but other parts made me laugh out loud, so it was a good way to waste 90min or so.

And now, I think I'll start winding down and considering bed - goodnight!

No comments: