Saturday, December 04, 2021

and the light in your eyes, the waves on the ceiling

I should have gone to bed two hours ago, but that's not unusual. Today was a fast and hard slog to the finish line - after today, I'm out of office for a whole month, which is v. exciting. Of course, I had things I had to get done before leaving, but I miraculously got through just about everything that I needed to do, so that was quite gratifying.

Once I was done for the day, I went to my parents' house, where I hung out with them and ate vegetable beef soup. Then, [censored] showed up for the weekend just in time for us all to get in my car and go into town to see a Christmas light display. A bunch of groups and individuals put up a massive light display (with different themes for each of their displays) at the fairgrounds, so we drove through the displays and admired the creativity. We also went into one of the fair buildings, where people had decorated individual Christmas trees - some were touching (a couple of trees in honor of people who died this year), some were hilarious (I particularly liked someone who put up a tree with two large photos of the queen), and there were some cute mini ones decorated by kids. My old 4-H club had a tree, so that was some nostalgia. And we ran into my third grade teacher and her third grade teacher friend, which brought back memories - she was quite pleasant, which is v. much at odds with the literal horror books she made us all read throughout third grade.

Then we stopped at my parents' house, and then [censored] and I returned to my house, where I painted my toenails and we spent a lot of time discussing not much. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: