Thursday, December 02, 2021

last train to clarksville

I'm sleepy and should have gone to bed an hour ago, but I got my inbox down to only 30 left before vacation. Of course, a million more will come in tomorrow, but this was a valiant push. Today was mostly a slog - it didn't start quite as early as yesterday, so I was able to write before work. Then I worked all day, with a brief break or two to walk around my yard - it was a gorgeous day, so it's too bad I couldn't spend even more time outside than I did. I made up for it by making a v. tasty huevos rancheros, so at least there's that.

I was done with meetings a little after five, so I did a couple of quick mandatory trainings and then drove out to my parents' house. They had several packages for me, of course - and they also had steak and baked potatoes, which was even more exciting. So I spent a couple of hours hanging out with them, and that was all good. Then I came back to my house, unpacked some of my packages, and turned a couple of boxes into a bedside table so that I could put a lamp next to my bed. That suddenly made my bedroom light enough to do things in at night, and my bed frame got fixed yesterday - so instead of sitting on my v. uncomfortable couch, I propped myself up in bed and worked for the last two or three hours.

And now, I should sleep - tomorrow is my last day of work this year, and I would like to finish the tasks on my list so I can fully disconnect. Goodnight!

No comments: