Sunday, December 05, 2021

said let it rock and let it roll

Quick, late blog tonight - I spent the morning setting up my new tv with [censored] and settling last things at my house and packing for an excursion. Yes, I'm taking an excursion gym my excursion - but since I've spent more time in Iowa the past few months than I've spent in Denver, it seemed like a good idea.

So this afternoon I drove to Des Moines, parked at the airport, grabbed a salad and a can of wine, and flew to Seattle. This involved a layover in Denver, but everything was super smooth and on time. And I even wrote twelve pages of my new project on the flight, which felt remarkable.

I'm now safely ensconced in Ritu's house - Bill picked me up at the airport, and then they plied me with cake and cheese and wine until two a.m. This is basically like our old second dinners, but in their house since they can't leave their kids in the middle of the night. I could have kept going, but it's four a.m. in Iowa and I'm feeling sleep forcing itself upon me. So it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: