Saturday, December 11, 2021

fight the break of dawn

I spent the entire day lying in the sun and I have #noregrets thanks to diligent application of sunscreen (well, maybe a slight regret, since I didn't drink enough water and have a wee headache). I was up absurdly early because I went to bed so early last night, so I snuck out of the room, grabbed a coffee, and journaled while the sun came up. Journaling while the sun comes up is not something I normally do, but it was nice today.

Then Heather (aka dear respected madam) and I had an early breakfast, which put us in position to dash for chairs when the adult pool opened at 8am. This was basically like an old time land rush, but for two chairs by the pool instead of a plot of farm ground. I got us some great chairs and I didn't get shot or stampeded, so I felt v. accomplished.

We then hung out pretty much all day (although I took a break in the morning to shower after my daring feat of securing chairs). I even had lunch at the pool - a poke bowl that was actually slightly preferable to yesterday's, but not as good as Wednesday's and also overpriced. Heather and I talked a lot, which was great. And I spent the afternoon reading most of THE CRUEL PRINCE, which I'm really enjoying, and I'm definitely going to finish it in bed tonight.

At five, though, I heroically put the book down (today involved a lot of heroics) and got ready for dinner. Alyssa meet me and Heather at our hotel, and we went to Noi Thai, which weirdly has a location in Seattle, a location in Bend (where Heather lives), and a location here. It was delicious, and it was fun to introduce Alyssa and Heather to each other.

And now, I'm going to finish my book and go to bed at another absurdly early hour - goodnight!

No comments: