Monday, December 13, 2021

how'd you like to spend Christmas on Christmas Island

Unless something changes in the next thirty minutes, I will not be spending Christmas on Christmas Island...or any other island, unless you consider ye olde Iowa to be an island of some sort. I'm sitting in my seat for my flight from Honolulu to Denver, with a layover there before proceeding to Des Moines. Today was an idyllic last day in the tropics - I got up early, lazed a bit, grabbed coffee, and wrote for awhile. Then I met up with Heather and we spent the day at the pool - I had what was probably my last rum of the year, and also definitely my last suntan. It was pretty perfect by / in the pool, and I wasn't ready to leave....

... but all things end, so eventually I went to our room, packed, showered, and readied myself for departure. Heather and I had one last dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, which was perfect - we sat outside as the sun set, and said our goodbyes in style. Getting to the airport and to my plane was smooth, and hopefully I'll sleep most of the way to Denver. All told, this trip (Seattle + Honolulu) was incredibly excellent, but I'm ready to get back to my regularly scheduled life. Goodnight!

No comments: