Wednesday, December 22, 2021

wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy

I was a very accomplished home owner today - I succeeded in painting my guest room (at least the first coat) and so far it looks great. The paint color is called Shady Lady, which is an appropriate homage to the very red, very silky bordello-like sheer curtains that were in the room when I moved in - but Shady Lady is a v nice blue, and I think it will look great with new blinds and new outlet covers that aren't '80s gold.

However, that exercise took most of the day, mostly because I'm very slow and very particular about cutting in, and also the guest room is approximately 14*15 and so is larger than your average metropolitan area guest room. This production speed does not bode well for the living room or office, both of which are more like 450 sq ft each, which is hilarious because I think many of my SSN Francisco living situations could have fit in one or two rooms of this house. But this house is in the middle of nowhere and I can't order food delivery or walk anywhere for (good) coffee, so there are tradeoffs.

sssanyway. [Censored] showed up in the late afternoon, so we chatted while I finished painting. Then I took a shower and went to my parents' house, where we had last night's leftover chicken and wild rice soup and I inspected my day's deliveries (long story but I don't have a mailbox at my place, so things get delivered to my parents, which is mostly good since all presents will be unwrapped there, but is probably getting old for the delivery drivers). I came back to my place around nine, and [censored] and I watched too many YouTube videos, which was great. And now I need to sleep so I can keep doing house stuff tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: