Tuesday, December 21, 2021

where did you come from cotton eye joe

I have nothing of interest to report today - I stayed up way too late last night, so slept way too late, and so I decided not to paint today (which is what I should have done). But I did run to the grocery store for my parents and retrieve some packages that were left outside their garage. Then I spent the afternoon taking care of tings around the house, cleaning and organizing my bathroom with the things I got in Des Moines yesterday, and making chicken and wild rice soup. I made the soup while listening to the SmartLess podcast (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, Will Arnett) interview Tom Hanks, which was a fun way to spend my cooking time.

Eventually, I took the soup out to my parents' house - my dad had a meeting, so my mom and I ate without him. He did show up and have a bowl after we were done, and he liked it better than he usually likes chicken, so I'll take it. I probably should have stayed to wrap presents, but I wasn't feeling it - so I came back to my place, cleaned my kitchen, wrote a tiny bit, and messed around online.

And now, I'm going to try the miraculous feat of going to bed before midnight so that I can get up tomorrow and get things done - goodnight!

No comments: