Friday, December 10, 2021

say you don't know me or recognize my face

I had a fantastic day in paradise - I woke up stupidly early, but that's par for the course. So I had an early coffee, and then I did some writing - the story is starting to coalesce and I don't want to lose it, so I sat in the lobby and wrote for a bit of the morning hours. Then I took a walk and got a poke bowl - it was farther away and not as good as yesterday's poke bowl, so I don't think I'll be going back, but it was still nice.

Then I spent the afternoon hanging out by the pool and reading a book (THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black). Somewhere in there, Heather (aka dear respected madam) finally arrived - she was supposed to get in earlier, but her first flight was delayed and she missed her connection, so she missed most of the sun. But I greeted her in the lobby when she arrived, and she unpacked / we explored for a bit. Then we went out for a totally fantastic dinner at Stripsteak (a Michael Mina restaurant in Waikiki) - it was over the top good and I feel a little ill from how good / rich / intense it was, but we were both delighted with the experience.

And now, I really need to sleep - it's only 9:22pm, which isn't going to help with my jetlag, but sleep is more important than pride at this point. Goodnight!

No comments: