Sunday, December 19, 2021

give a little of what you have left

I need to go to bed immediately if I'm going to get up before 10am tomorrow (a rare feat this week). Today was good, though - I painted the ceiling of the guest room, and that trial of the paint sprayer went really well. The downside is that spraying itself takes approx twenty minutes and setup/cleanup takes like two hours (it should probably take less than this, but I'm slow due to rereading instructions multiple times to make sure I'm not going to accidentally inject paint into my skin, which sounds like a really bad way to give yourself a disfiguring injury / toxicity / infection). But the upside is that painting the ceiling only took twenty minutes and I *think* it looks good, although dried paint in daylight may tell a different story.

I ended up not going to my parents' house tonight and instead opted for a shower (I wore a respirator and safety goggles and covered my hair, but my forehead got a lot of paint splatter on it) and a sandwich. And, I prepped for a trip to the city tomorrow - I have to get some groceries and some house stuff, but I'm trying to make it as efficient as possible by preordering things for curbside pickup so that I'm not tempted to go in and spend a) time and b) money picking up random tings. And that's why I need to go to bed - a trip to the city involves three hours of driving + whatever errands I run there, and I want to get on the road and be relatively efficient. Goodnight!

No comments: