Monday, December 06, 2021

but when you close your eyes

I had a fantastic day in Seattle - Ritu is wonderful and the Cascadia fault didn't kill us, so I'm taking it as a win. I didn't get nearly enough sleep to start things out, but that's CCTV CCTV par for the course when seeing Ritu and trying to cram two years of friendship into two days.

We hung out around the house in a very desultory fashion thinnest I'm mñ333 morning, and Bill made an excellent shakahuaka for breakfast. Then we showered and rallied and went to a zipline park to entertain the kids - Ritu and Bill live on Mercer Island, which feels almost rural / almost like Tahoe despite being in the middle of Seattle. We also grabbed some hot beverages and went downtown to see the Christmas lights, which was fun.

Then we rallied even harder and went to Eden Hill, which had outdoor seating [try again another day, covid]... although it was cold enough before they brought a second heater that maybe I would succumb to hypothermia instead. The food was excellent! And the wine pairings were delicious. And I would tell to more, but I'm already more asleep than awake. Goodnight!

No comments: