Saturday, December 18, 2021

the walls are way too thin

I had a less lazy day than yesterday, so I'll take it. I did, however, sleep until almost ten, so I really need to go to bed approximately 2.5hrs earlier than I've been going to bed (aka I should go to bed right now). When I got up, I took care of some more Christmas shopping, ate some yogurt, and then made chocolate chip chewies for my mom's birthday. It's a miracle that they turned out well - I thought I had all the ingredients, but discovered in the middle of mixing that I had bought almond extract instead of vanilla, which would have been a disaster. So, I had to abandon the dough in the middle and run to my parents' house to borrow their vanilla. Then, it appears that my oven is running at least 25 degrees lower than stated - the cookies baked, but they took longer than they should have. All that said, the cookies tasted amazing and were pretty close to perfect, so at least it all worked out.

After I baked, I talked to [censored] for awhile - clearly neither of us wanted to be productive because we talked about very little for a very long time. But I did manage to get some tings done, and I also washed the walls in my guest room - I am not going to go so far as to say that I'm determined to paint tomorrow, but it seems like it would be a good idea to do it so that I can see how much time and materials to budget for the rest of the project.

Eventually, I went out to my parents' house - as mentioned, it was my mom's birthday today (happy birthday, Mom!), so we hung out. We ended up ordering Mexican food for dinner, which I went into town to pick up, and my chocolate chip chewies were v. well received. My dad had also made candy this afternoon (chocolate peanut clusters), based off a recipe he got from the guy who runs the lumber yard, so the house was v. chocolatey.

And now, I should really go to sleep if I'm going to paint tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: