Wednesday, December 29, 2021

boom clap the sound of my heart

I am safely ensconced in my bedroom in my parents' house, which does not smell like fresh paint (unlike my house). Yesterday and today were spent mostly in service of painting my living room and [censored]'s room - since we're using a paint sprayer, it required a ton of masking and other prep work, which I spent hours on yesterday and more hours on today. At least today we took a break and came to my parents' house for lunch (which for me was nachos from the leftovers of our taco bar with my sister, which were delish).

We did successfully paint the walls in my living room this afternoon, and so far they look awesome. The previous owner had chosen a yellow that was not at all cheerful, with a maroon accent wall that only accented the hideousness of the yellow. I replaced it with a white with blue/grey tones, and it already looks way better even though everything is still taped. We still have to do the ceiling tomorrow, and then [censored]'s room, but this was a big win.

However, we didn't want to untape doors or stairways that would let us get into our rooms tonight, and it's really quite full of fumes, so we came home early for dinner (roast beef! Thanks Mom!) and decided to spend the night. And now I need to sleep so I can recover in time for tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: