Saturday, April 08, 2023

and i am terrified of weather 'cause i see you when it rains

I was just a wee bit too lazy today, but #noregrets. The main task is to get into bed asap, since I'm failing at my goal to go to bed earlier, which is why this morning wasn't quite as glorious as I had intended for it to be. The weather is gorgeous, especially for April - still a little chilly today, but this week looks like it's going to be unreal. So, hopefully the weather will get me in the mood to write deeply and productively for the next few weeks.

Still, I managed to write for an hour or so - I'm stuck on something and I don't know what, so it's like slogging through molasses, but I trust the process and hopefully I'll figure it out soon. I did some other office/house stuff, made avocado toast with fried eggs (my secret favorite that I had half-forgotten in my move to Iowa, but I could eat it every day), and continued to alternate between chores, crossword puzzles, and helping [censored].

Then, we went out to the parents' for dinner - my dad grilled brats, and my mom made potato salad (the first official potato salad of the year) and baked beans, and it was all v. tasty. We hung out for awhile after, and then I messed around online when I got home, which is exactly the opposite of how I should spend my time. So now, I'm going to go to sleep (pinky swear) - goodnight!

No comments: