Sunday, April 16, 2023

nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say

I spent way more time at my desk today than I wanted to, but I'm happy with what I got done (all financial / business / life maintenance related), so I guess I'll take it. Also, even though it was in the mid-80s earlier this week, we had snow flurries today, which was incredibly unwelcome but made it easier to stay at my desk without feeling fomo.

So, my desk took six or seven hours of my time. I also cooked brunch and dinner, so I think I met my productivity quota for the day. I made french toast for brunch, since [censored] and I were in the mood for something other than the usual scrambled eggs and hash browns. The french toast turned out pretty well, although some of the pieces were slightly too eggy - and I baked some bacon, which was also tasty. This won't replace scrambled eggs and hashbrowns as number one in my heart, but a (side) piece of french toast is a nice change every once in awhile.

For dinner, I made pasta with italian sausage, swiss chard, parmesan, and lemon zest. I've made it before, but I hadn't had it in ages because it's hard for me to get chard here. However, I picked some up in Des Moines last week and it was still good, and [censored] was leaving tonight, so I felt like now was my moment to switch things up. As it turns out, [censored] didn't leave before I was done cooking, and after trying it [censored] ate a full serving, so at least it won't go to waste.

And then, I procrastinated / did crossword puzzles / watched SNL for most of the evening. And now, I need to sleep - goodnight! 

No comments: