Thursday, April 13, 2023

i can see the sands on the horizon every time you are not around

I have had a busy couple of days, and I am not used to being busy, so it's been an adjustment. Yesterday, the conference continued from 8:30 to noon, so I sat through the remaining presentations, which I mostly enjoyed. Then I ran some errands in Des Moines (mostly stocking up on bougie groceries and organic meat) and drove home. I got here in time to unload my car before going into town with [censored] to have dinner at the Mexican restaurant - we usually do takeout, but I had a meeting in town last night, and I didn't want to drive to get takeout and then drive back an hour later.

So, we ate our usual orders at the Mexican place, which is always better in person since it's absurdly hot and tasty as opposed to lukewarm and tasty like the takeout it. Then, [censored] came home and I went to my meeting (secret society, nothing else to divulge).

Today, I had to get up and get around earlier than I wanted to - I had a call with someone at nine, and then I had to go into town to debrief about the conference and then have a meeting about the mural festival. I was home by 1:15, and I ate leftovers before having a call with Heather (aka dear respected madam). Thus feeling entirely overstimulated, I dozed and did some crosswords for a bit.

Then, I made a valiant effort to write - I didn't get many words, but I had a flash of inspiration that my end up solving my current block, so I intend to explore that more tomorrow. Then I made dinner - the usual burrito bowl, which is always tasty. I know at least a couple of you want the recipe and I have not forgotten, but it's not written down anywhere (I have made it up out of a couple of other recipes + trial and error). I do need to write it down so that [censored] can inherit it someday, but it's not happening tonight.

Then, I sat around and chatted with [censored] and procrastinated / relaxed, and now I need to consider going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: