Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I like the way you move

I was feeling blocked creatively today, which is an intensely frustrating feeling that I'm unfortunately familiar with. I didn't entirely let it get me down, and I tried many of the things I know help - I made tasty avocado toast and eggs for breakfast, and I made slow cooker chicken tacos for dinner. I cleaned my room and did laundry. I answered some emails that is been putting off for no good reason other than that I'm perennially blocked on emails. I went outside. I took a shower and put on real clothes. All entirely basic, all easy to ignore when in the throes of despair about my book.

Finally, in desperation, I reread some bits of various writing books - I have a pretty good understanding of plot, character, etc, but it never hurts to refresh, and I often come up with something new. I did have an idea that may be killer for solving a problem I'm stuck on, and I also got some pep talks, so it was worth it. And now, I need to sleep and start tomorrow fresh - goodnight!

No comments: