Tuesday, April 04, 2023

the wind outside is frightening, but it's kinder than the lightning life in the city

A thunderstorm swept in right before I started to write this - not entirely unexpected, since it reached almost 90 degrees today and now it's dropping into the 40s, but the timing isn't ideal since I'm trying to convince myself to start going to bed earlier and this certainly doesn't encourage me to sleep.

However, the day was mostly okay - it took a noticeable turn for the better when the sun came out, since I really do not feel very motivated when the skies are gloomy. But I got some stuff done this afternoon, which was a welcome development. I also had my first balcony writing session of the year - since it was almost ninety degrees, I felt like I had to sit outside. Luckily, my balcony is on the north side of the house, so the house blocked most of the wind from the south....but the wind still picked up enough to roll swaths of dust across my yard, and my keyboard felt just the slightest bit dusty by the time I was done writing. The words were slow to come, but I had a potentially excellent idea or two today, so I'll take them.

I boycotted cooking tonight, so [censored] and I had leftover burrito bowls tonight (after carefully rationing them by eating other things for lunch - I had leftover Mexican takeout from Saturday and [censored] had leftover spaghetti sauce). Then we watched a comedy special and some other tings, and then I came upstairs. I finally got my weather radio set up so that it will wake me up if there's a tornado, and I also did some planning for the rest of the week.

And now I need to go to bed if I'm going to start my new "go to bed earlier" goal tonight - goodnight!

No comments: