Monday, April 10, 2023

i've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars

I'm unusually still in Iowa but not at home - I'm in Ames, which is where Iowa State University is, and I'm spending a couple of days up here for a conference on rural economic development. It started this afternoon with a welcome reception, which I spent the first hour at - and I'll be interested to see what I get out of the conference.

As soon as I left the reception, I drove south a bit and picked up Aunt Kathy, and then we met Drewbaby and his girlfriend at a Thai place in Ankeny. It's nice to be able to see them in a somewhat impromptu way, and dinner was quite tasty. When I took Kathy home, I hung out at her place for a bit and we continued to chat over a v tasty gin and tonic, which I didn't finish but certainly wanted to.

Then I came back to the hotel, settled in, and realized I have to go to bed absurdly early (11ish!) if I want to get up in time to have an easy morning. So, it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: