Wednesday, April 19, 2023

use baselines to replace us

I had a good day, filled with much more phone / screen time than I am used to. I got up and wrote in bed this morning before doing anything else, which was helpful. Then I made some breakfast, planned to shower and go to the grocery store - and instead talked to my sister for an hour about a trip she's taking this summer + advice on how to navigate the airports.

At that point, it was lunchtime, so I ate lunch with [censored], and then we did an errand to move some tings out of [censored]. Then, I took my shower, did a bit of writing, and talked to my friend Natasha, whom I hadn't talked to in forever. She very accurately shamed me for how I never respond to anything, which is fair and also completely outside my ability/energy to fix, but I do try to talk to everyone at some point every few months / years. Our catchup was otherwise excellent, so I'm looking forward to talking to her more often (or at least in a few months).

Then, I went on my belated grocery store trip, came home, and roasted a chicken. This was a bit of a debacle because it somehow didn't roast as well as I thought it did, and so I had to put it back in the over after it rested, and the potatoes I made alongside them were therefore done too soon. It's rare that I mess up a chicken dish, so I was pretty surly about it (even if it tasted good). Then, [censored] and I ran another errand, I cleaned up the kitchen, and then I talked to Katie for an hour (since we hadn't caught up since before my Oregon trip, which was six weeks ago).

And now, I need to sleep and repeat some of these feats (well, at least the writing feat) tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: