Sunday, April 02, 2023

the near-miss that almost shot you out the blue

I didn't blog yesterday, but you didn't miss much - I already can't remember what I did, beyond making breakfast, spending some time at my desk, and picking up Mexican takeout to eat with the parents and [censored]. Today was a little more action-packed - I woke up earlier than I usually do so that I could chat with someone about hosting a bridal shower. Then, I did some desk work and organizing of grocery lists, and eventually I made breakfast for me and [censored]. Since it's Sunday, I made scrambled eggs and hash browns - [censored] also got them yesterday in appreciation of the food drought that I caused here by my long absence, but usually I only make this once a weekend in deference to both caloric intake and effort expended.

After breakfast (which was really lunch), I did some more desk stuff, and then I watched the NCAA women's title game. The officiating was the story of the game and the technical on Caitlin Clark was beyond absurd, and I also I mostly dislike LSU's coach - but the LSU ladies played an amazing game and were fun to watch. So, after [censored] and I remembered that we usually hate the Hawkeyes, the loss became a lot easier to stomach.

Then, I hate-read twitter for a bit to dig into that technical foul, and then I went outside and cleaned out one of my flower beds that I should have cleaned out last fall but failed to do before the weather turned. And then I tried my hand at making a new-to-me pad thai recipe. All in all, I thought the flavor was great and the chicken turned out perfectly, but the noodles themselves were off because I followed the recipe directions instead of the package directions, which did not work well. I'll have to try again, but it was a valiant initial effort.

[censored] and I ate said pad thai while watching most of last night's SNL, which was perhaps the most consistently funny episode of the season. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, messed around online, and now I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: