Sunday, April 23, 2023

maybe then i'll fade away and not have to face the facts

I slept pretty late this morning because I was up until almost two last night, but #noregrets. I poured myself some cold brew and wrote for an hour as soon as I got up, which was good for everything except my carpal tunnel. Then, I made breakfast for me and [censored] - the usual scrambled eggs and hash browns, but they were particularly tasty today.

Then, I procrastinated pretty hard for a couple of hours. But I also cleaned the kitchen and washed my sheets, so it wasn't all wasted effort. I also answered some email - not all the email I should have answered, but enough to make me feel just slightly more caught up. Perhaps I'll continue that trend tomorrow!

After that, I made supper - the semi-usual-for-Sunday burrito bowls. I added some spicy Spanish chorizo that needed used, and I increased the rice/salsa/liquids a bit because I had more chicken than usual, and it all turned out perfectly. High on that success, I decided to end the evening on that note -- and so I came up to my room and finished the book I was reading last night (INFINITY GATE). It was book one of two in a series, and the next one won't be out for a year, which is a bummer. But it was really excellent - a lot of interesting inferences on AI and personhood, with some strong characters and great writing/dialogue. I ruminated a bit on the book today - my own book has some AI elements, but it's more fantasy, whereas this was definitely pure sci-fi (despite the talking rabbit). So I'm still playing around with how I want my book to read, and it would be nice to figure it out sooner rather than later, but we'll see.

And now, I'm going to push myself toward going to bed at a relatively reasonable hour so I can get some tings done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: