Sunday, April 09, 2023

we always walked a very thin line

I was pretty lazy today, but I did make an excellent breakfast, so I think that should count for something. I also spent quite a bit of energy cleaning out the flower bed around my flagpole - it was choked with grass because I did nothing with it last year, but I wanted to see if there were still any hostas hanging out in the undergrowth. The good news is that my neglect didn't kill them off, because they're starting to shoot up. The bad news is that I'll probably be sore tomorrow, and also need to eradicate some tree of heaven, which is my least favorite noxious plant.

At some point, I went out to my parents' to drop something off for my dad and also avail myself of their 80 acres to dump my weeds (and to take it a step further, I didn't even trek anywhere to dump them myself - I just dumped my buckets into the back of my dad's gater, alongside their weeds from their own garden). Then I said farewell to [censored]. And then I wrote on my balcony for an hour - v slow going but better than nothing.

After that virtuous display, I wasted the rest of the night, but it's fine. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: