Monday, April 03, 2023

in the blinking of an eye, that moment's gone

I made a valiant attempt to write this morning - but after cutting some things and adding some other things, my grand total word count for the day was one (1). Still, it was better than nothing, and I'm eager to get back into it tomorrow - the first day after a break is always the hardest, and while I did write while I was in San Francisco, I didn't write last week after getting back, so today was a recovery day.

I also did some other computer-type stuff this morning, and then I ate lunch with [censored] - last night's pad thai was still gummy, but the chicken was great and the side of broccoli was excellent, so I powered through (and [censored] had leftover spaghetti sauce with fresh spaghetti, which was probably a better choice). Then I took a belated shower and ran to Centerville to pick up a bunch of stuff at Walmart - Walmart is not my store of choice, but it's the best option within 40min of my house, so sometimes it's what needs to happen. I stocked up on a bunch of canned goods, but the main draw was my favorite gluten free bread. I still need to do a Des Moines run at some point soon, but this will tide me over until I can get to someplace with produce.

Then, I came home, put tings away, and made burrito bowls for me and [censored]. Yes, this is the second time in five days, but they're easy and delicious, and I jazzed up this version with some Spanish chorizo, which definitely adds something. After eating, I took care of my garbage situation (it is easier to put garbage in my trunk and dump it at my dad's dumpster than it is to wheel my cart across my yard, so that's what I did). And then I watched the men's basketball final - it wasn't exactly exciting and I had literally zero opinions since I didn't watch a single game of the men's tournament this year, but it was something to do.

And now, I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: