Thursday, April 06, 2023

it's getting harder to breathe, so baby put me to sleep

I meant to be in bed two minutes from now, which will probably not happen - I am trying to ratchet my bedtime back to a more reasonable hour (like, eleven instead of two), but it's difficult because I always get a second wind around 10:15 and then I'm up all night. But beyond that foolhardy endeavor, tings are going well.

I got up this morning at a reasonable hour (nine! so civilized!) and made coffee, ate yogurt, etc. Then I wrote for awhile - nothing particularly amazing, but I did some research that gave me some good ideas. And then I spent several hours cleaning while listening to an audiobook by an archaeologist who is into magical belief systems. The audiobook was hard to stay focused on, although I gleaned a few things (and intend to keep going now that I'm past a lot of meandering intro). But the cleaning was more necessary, since my bedroom was messy and everything needed dusted / vacuumed, and my bedroom is approximately the size of Chandlord's studio (I'm not kidding), so I had a lot of surface area to clean.

However, I accomplished my cleaning in time to run out to my parents' house and visit them for awhile - they were in fine form, so we chatted for awhile before I came back to my house. Then, I talked to Caroline (my old coworker), who was also in fine form. And then I made a second attempt at pad thai - last weekend's pad thai tasted good but the noodles were terrible, so I wanted to try again. Tonight's was somehow off in a different way - the noodles were much better, but I think also much bulkier somehow despite being the same weight, and so the noodle to sauce ratio was off for my liking. Also, I made it with pork instead of chicken, since pork is what I had in the fridge - the pork was quite tasty, but again, I wish it had slightly more sauce. So, I'll have to try again, but at least the leftovers are edible compared to the last attempt.

After that, I cleaned the kitchen, finished tidying up my bedroom, and then did an hour and a half of book research. And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: